Welcome to Ask Conestoga!

Ask Me

Ask Me says...:
How do I withdraw?

Withdrawing From a Full Time Program

(for information on withdrawing from Continuing Education Courses please see section farther down page) 

FULL TIME PROGRAMS: Prior to the start of classes, withdrawal from a program must be submitted in writing to the Registrar’s Office. After the start of classes, completion of the program withdrawal form is required and is available from either the Program Chair or the Registrar or click here to download a form. Students who are not officially withdrawn are still liable for outstanding fees, or may not be eligible for a refund. Non-attendance does not constitute official withdrawal.

Please refer to Academic Dates to see the deadline of when to drop a course (you need to scroll way down the page), or see your Program Coordinator/Chair for approval and/or to discuss your course load.

  • The Program Withdrawal Without Academic Penalty deadline and Course Drop date deadline must occur prior to 75% of the program/course duration. Grade assigned will be W(Withdrawal) if dropped before deadline or F(Failure) if dropped after deadline.
  • Deadline dates are not applicable to co-op work terms.
  • The Registrar's Office can provide you with an exact date based on the course number. 

The Course Add/Drop Form, available from the Program Co-ordinator/Chair, must be completed (with all the required signatures) and forwarded to the Registrar’s Office via the Program Coordinator/Chair.

Check with the Registrar’s Office at a later date to ensure that your records have been updated.

We strongly recommend you speak to one of our consellors before withdrawing from College.  They can provide you with assistance and advice and inform you of various supports that are available to you before you make a final decision.  Please contact the Counselling office at extension 3360 or visit their office in the Student Life Centre.

Withdrawing from Continuing Education Courses

Student Withdrawal/Dropping A Course
If you wish to withdraw from a course after the start date please contact the Registrar's Office. A mark of 'W' will be assigned if withdrawal is prio to 75% of course completion. A mark of 'F' (academic penalty) will be assigned if withdrawal is after 75% of completion.  Failur to attend does not constitute a withdrawal.

Withdrawal with a Refund
To withdraw and request a refund from a course, you must notify the Registrar’s Office within the time period specified in the “Refund Policy” on your Confirmation of Registration and must provide your student identification number.  Refund policies are specific to each course section. Please refer to your Confirmation of Registration for the refund policy for your specific course.  Please review the  Financial Information section of the Continuing Education catalogue for further information.

Note: By dropping courses, the status of a full-time student may change to part-time. Fees will be calculated on an hourly basis and other fees may apply. If you are receiving financial aid, a status change may affect your entitlement. Consult the Financial Aid Office for clarification.  Also, please note that part time students are not covered under the CSI Health Plan. If you enrolled initially as a full time student, this coverage would no longer be available to you or your family if your status changes to PT.

For more information, please click on the link to the Student Guide.


Are you satisfied with your answer?

(1 is poor, 5 is excellent)

You may also be interested in...

Was the answer satisfactory? If not please email us by clicking on the link below:

powered by IntelliResponse

Top 10 Questions

Back To Top